Blue Flag Beaches in Brittany
The Blue Flag Beaches campaign began in 1985 and sets a standard for the environmental quality of beaches and marine habitats. Over the years this standard has been made more difficult to reach and there are strict guidelines covering the awarding of a Blue Flag.
The award of a European Blue Flag is based on compliance with 27 criteria covering the aspects of
- Water Quality
- Environmental Education and Information
- Environmental Management
- Safety and Services
A Blue Flag gives you the peace of mind to take full advantage of the sea. Whether that’s simply letting a toddler puddle or surfing and sailing.
As a testament to Brittany’s coastline, the following beaches all have Blue Flags:
- Vannes (Morbihan): Bassin de Conleau
- Fouesnant (Finistère): Cap Coz Milieu
- Fouesnant (Finistère): Kerambigorn
- Fouesnant: Kerler
- Saint Lunaire: La Fosse aux vaults
- Saint Lunaire (Ile et Vilaine): Longchamps Est
- Fouesnant: Maner Coat Clevarec
- Roscoff (Finistère): Saint Luc (Roch-kroum)
For more details and a full list of Blue Flag Beaches in Brittany please visit the Blue Flag website and be sure to visit the cottages4you website to find and book a holiday cottage in Brittany.